We make products that help you reduce lead waste and get more from your leads.
Chandler Horsley, CEO:
For years I was frustrated by the many inefficiencies I observed working in lead generation, including:
- One-size-does-not-fit-all: lead buyers manage vendors and prospect profiles by average performance. Instead, what if we knew the best offers for each individual?
- Trash & treasure: sometimes one buyer’s reject is another’s golden prospect. What if prospects could be matched with offers accordingly?
- Wasted opportunity: lead sellers generate many leads that are destined to be rejected (e.g., duplicates). Could they determine that in advance and pull those offers?
- Misaligned incentives: lead buyers mix their signals, asking for top quality leads, but then paying bulk prices for “good enough.” What if incentives were clearly aligned?
- Lack of cooperation: lead buyers and sellers largely lack trust in one another. Could a third party facilitate broad, mutually beneficial cooperation?
Solving for quality
Fed up, I left my job as a lead gen CEO to start my own new venture, Lead Media Partners. I partnered up with the smartest technologist I know, Alan Whitaker. For the next 3 years, we worked hard to generate better leads in the education sector. Our predictive lead technology solved one of the biggest problems. By predicting conversion and matching the prospects to schools where they will most likely enroll, we improved lead quality (typically 20-30%, and sometimes much more).
Driving alignment & cooperation
When we realized our impact could be so great on quality, we set about working on the trust and alignment issues. Clearly the most productive industry cooperation could not be created from within a single lead gen company. Though difficult, we’ve gradually turned over the reins to our lead gen business and started a new venture: LeadTune.
Initially, we’ve worked with lead buyers to create a platform that allows sellers to query which buyers will reject the current prospect. In addition to identifying duplicates, buyers can designate requirements around age, current education, etc. Armed with this knowledge early enough to act, sellers can change what offers they will show, turning a would-be reject into a valid lead. Read more about LeadTune Rescue.
We’ve also extracted our complex prediction technology and retooled it so that it can be easily plugged in and used by anyone. By combining these predictions with up-to-date valuation rules from lead buyers, prospects can be appraised with respect to each potential offer. Lead sellers can then rearrange their page, so that the highest valued offers are presented first to their visitors. Read more about LeadTune Boost.
We’re excited about our new products, and look forward to partnering with you to change the game in the lead gen industry.